Monday, July 20, 2009

Summer Fun in Daytona

Ron, Mary, Alexis, Cheyene and Lilly stayed with us a couple of days. The girls lived in the pool. We had a movie night on Friday night with hamburgers and ice cream sundaes. Caleb and Eli were with us on this night...not sure what I had fed them though...we had some diapers!!! And boy, did I realize that I am out of practice...keeping a baby out of the way, cooking etc....good thing that I had lots of helpers!!!We spent the night at the La Quinta on the ocean. Of course, the pool at the hotel was different than the pool at home. We took the dogs with us as well.Summer fun in the ocean - Everyone got to body surf. On Sunday while at the beach, I heard Mary say "There is a fin". I looked...I saw the fin...I looked again...I saw the fin and yelled at everyone to get out of the water because there was a shark...then about the time everyone else was saying that it was a dolphin...I saw it jump...still I remember JAWS.We went to dinner at one of my favorite places - Our Deck Down Under though we had tried others but all the places had a two hour wait.By the time we got back to the hotel, everyone crashed.

No comments: