Monday, May 26, 2008

All About ANDREW JOHN

In going back over my blog, I realized that I don't have a lot about Andrew, so this post is about him. In the past, we've had him very involved in Little League and I have pictures of those days. But this year, his father and I decided to put him in the After School Sports Program because it was the best time to make it work with what we had going on with everyone else in our families. Little League has been a minimum of 6 hours (often more)a week which doesn't seem like a lot, but when juggling the activities of five, it took up so much time...so the After School Sports Program just made sense. Andrew loves his coaches and every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon, he learns and plays all different sport activities. This program is right after school and he finishes at 4:30 which is the same time that Sarah gets off of the bus. I'm saying all of this to say, I think this is why I don't have many pictures of him because I haven't been at the After School Sports Program. But I wanted Andrew to know that we are very proud of him. Actually, a few weeks ago, it seemed that every morning on the way to school that Andrew would start "sighing". I asked him a few times if everything was OK and he always told me that he was bored. I had his father talk to him and Richard talked to him. We just wanted to make sure that nothing was happening at school that we weren't aware of. He told all of us that he just gets bored at school but he was OK. So I called his teacher...just to make sure. Mr. Sweatland didn't think that anything was wrong with Andrew and went on to praise him...told me that Andrew has always been respectful, hangs out with good kids, gets competitive in gym but isn't mean (the competitive is a Tallman thing...that's what I told Mr Sweatland)Mr. Sweatland told me that the school will miss his attitude when he moves to Middle School next year. Then the following week, Andrew had pulled his groin muscle in the After School Sports Program. I went into the office with Andrew to fill out a request to have him not participate in gym that day. His coach was there and again told me how much they loved having Andrew and would miss him. (Since "Mom" caused so a fuss over his sighing, Andrew no longer sighs anymore nor complains about school being boring.) We love you, Andrew. May you continue to be respectful, always learning and always helping others...even your sisters :-)

No comments: